Our next free training course for potential volunteer befrienders will be held on Saturday 18th March 2017 (daytime) and Wednesday 22nd March 2017 (evening) at a venue close to Wimbledon town centre. It will comprise three two and half hour sessions provided by mental health professionals and experienced befrienders.
For further information and to register for the course please contact us (see contact details at foot of page).
Support Group Meeting – November 2016
• A support group meeting was held November 2016. This provided a useful opportunity for befrienders to share experiences and ask questions in an open forum to assist in their befriending relationships.
APCMH Merton Summer Party – August 2016
• This years’ summer party was held in St Marks church hall in Wimbledon. There was a large turnout of both old and new befrienders & befriendees, enjoying food, drink, good company and the now annual group quiz and raffle hosted by David Hobbs. It was a great day and we hope to repeat in 2017!
Annual General Meeting – May 2016
Key points from this year’s AGM are summarised below:
• As a result of this year’s training course and interim training throughout the year we gained 14 new befriending relationships.
• Kamila Markusova confirmed as Committee Secretary and responsible for volunteer recruitment (role commenced Sept 2015).
• Guest Speaker: Jamie Summers – Chairman of Being Alongside, who gave a thought provoking talk on mental illness and its perception in society. We thank Jamie for his contribution.
• 2015/16 annual report and accounts were submitted for adoption and agreed.